What's Funny?






Stereotyped Gays, and Bumbays

Two of these videos illustrates How gays are. But is it really true?
Our Professor asked us to note what we laughed about. At first, I laughed about the song. Second, the outfits. Lastly, the gestures made. For me who has gay friends whom I respect, the video seemed offensive. Overrated, down right disrespectful. This judgement of gays leads most of them closeted, and it is a painful experience for them.

 
Gays are mostly judged because of their cross dressing. Because culture tells you that dresses are for girls. But they had enough of this and thought of a way, to again, surprise you. They continued to strive for their freedom, fought for equality and change the norm. Did they really? I hope so.

A week after September started, me and my bestfriend visited our friend's place. I got along with a new friend named "Mike", and yes, he's gay. I asked Mike one question that I always ask my gay friends of, "If you were to die, and chose to be anyone, would you be a girl or a boy?" and the answer would always surprise me.

"If I were to be born again, I won't choose to be either girl or boy, I WILL ALWAYS BE GAY, I can surpass everything, I can be both man and woman, I am going to be the improved version of male or female.." - Mike  
 

Bumbays

       Bitoy made Didjay Vidjay quite metaphorical. He enumerated all the stereotypical things culture has thought people of what Bumbay's/Muslim people are in the City, especially in the Philippines. Most pinoys would describe the bumbay's job as "hulugan". At pag may paparating na bumbay "ayan na si bumbay, maniningil na". Primarily sought as business people.
       Again, my bestfriend is half pakistan-half filipino, and she gets annoyed when she gets compared with "bumbays". Not all of them have that job. and qoute "at least they have means of living, e yung iba?" instead of separating herself from them, she immediately defends them.

       Not all is what it seems, but for what its worth, that's where the question rises, and answers are made to differ.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © / Media|Sanity

/ powered by :blogger