My Date with YOU

File:MyDateWithDrew.jpg

So first, Brian Herzlinger looks like a mash-up of,

ROBERT DOWNEY, JR.

COLLIN FARRELL

and WILL FERRELL

Second, I watched the film first than the trailer, so here's my reaction to the trailer...


image

image
To those who watched the film, you get it. I love you Brian, you have just become an inspirations, in the form of film creativity of course!
 
Anyways, before I get to the point, here's the Trailer >:) 



and to spoil some readers, here's the ending (haha!) apparently, you can watch this on Youtube, so look it up! :)


Storyline

"If you don't take risks, you'll have a wasted soul." - Drew Barrymore. Ever since the second grade when he first saw her in E.T. The Extraterrestrial, Brian Herzlinger has had a crush on Drew Barrymore. Now, 20 years later he's decided to try to fulfill his lifelong dream by asking her for a date. There's one small problem: She's Drew Barrymore and he's, well, Brian Herzlinger, a broke 27-year-old aspiring filmmaker from New Jersey. But that doesn't stop Brian and his film school pals from doing everything they can think of to convince Barrymore to go out with him - and documenting their quest along the way. Equipped with a video camera they have to return to Circuit City in 30 days and the $1,100 Brian won on a game show (where the winning answer was, prophetically, "Drew Barrymore"), they've got one month to accomplish their mission... Written by Andrew Hindes  

Third, given the chance to dream, I'd like to personally meet Robert Downey Jr. Ellen De Generes, Nick Jonas (i've seen Joe), Tim Burton (i'll complain about destroying my childhood memories HAHA), Anne Hathaway (for being the rockstar princess in wet socks), Mr. Bean, Zac Efron, The Beatles, Philip Philips, Nutella owner, Mark Zuckerburg (i demand a job! haha), Steven Spielberg, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, and endless names to mention, in person. I  can't decide on only one, but if I would like to mimic Brian I'd settle for Zac Efron. Speaking of Zac, he's coming to town by the end of the month, exciting. 

______________________________________________________________________

Ideology

Someone, Something, tells you what reality is or something that becomes a NORM.
In this particular film, we see the ideology of what an ideal guy should be to date Drew Barrymore or the ideal girl.  

below are images from GOOGLE when you search "Ideal Guy" and these are the things a girl does look for in a guy, which was constructed by media or told to them by the environment around them. Kinda like, saying "marry Ken.. or Batman"



hate to burst the heart bubbles in your head. There are no perfect men.
OH! actually, my head is constructed with my own Ideal guy. Below is just the least of them.
ian somerhalder body 2012Screening In StyleHola ZacZac Efron is ‘The Lucky One’Zac Efron Takes A Gamble 


NEXT! the Ideal Girl.
okay, so my Ideal Girl.

anne hathaway

seems like I can only think of one asian girl :| anyways.
These are the ideological looks that I like or is a norm to me because it was implanted.
To be honest, I've grown up watching fairytales and love story films and that is one factor where some part of me would like to have a Happy Ever After. Just like Brian on My date with Drew, the film was constructed for Brian to have a happy ending. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © / Media|Sanity

/ powered by :blogger