Feminist Critique



Women, Who Are they? What Are they? How can they? When can they?  

Trying to answer it just by reading, you can guess the common answers. 
The video clip above is from "The Devil Wear's Prada". I chose this video as an entrance to give you an idea of what women are portrayed today.

Oh! check the video below, I used to be like this, but then when I didn't get a huge house for my barbies, I started playing doctor with them, and you can only guess if they survived under my hands.



I just like to share that ;) But I do love Barbie, MyScene, Bratz Movies because they portray empowered women. They teach kids to never give up, and not to be afraid to dream.

And here's my old time fave movie starring Lindsay Lohan, "The Parent Trap" and "Matilda" :)



haha! enough about these! let's see the trailers of the upcoming films this year and see what are the roles of women in that particular film ;)



oh look! the trailer wouldn't be complete without a second peak on women objectified as sex objects (brava!) And I guess, Emily Blunt's role here stumbles on being a damsel in distress, and the love interest. (nice)



theres only one thing to say here.. "it's a man's world.."



this is interesting. Predictable really, i feel like seeing it before, but basically the images portrayed are "weak women" and who are "submissive".



OMG OMG! haha! Barbara Streisand, I love you, so natural. I can relate to the guy HAHA. Moms ROCK! although they do change from time to time ;)



She's beautiful even if she has a mental problem and her image is sorta grunge, emo, rocker, blunt, dark girl.



i just had to post this.

the next one is not new, though i'd like to watch it, and i like what Juno Temple said at the beginning of the trailer.






t'was a Man's world but it won't mean nothing, w/o a woman.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © / Media|Sanity

/ powered by :blogger